Dynair has enabled the calculations of FEI in the selection program Blowdyn 2.0.
Posted by Maico Gulf, 19-Aug-2019
FEI (Fan Energy Index) in Blowdyn 2.0 selection software
Dynair has enabled the calculations of FEI in the selection program Blowdyn 2.0. Now the users can check the FEI ratings of the selected model from the software.
Reasons for enabling FEI in software:
- FEI covers fans, motors, and drives for “fan system” efficiency rating, and FEI rating changes with fan size at the duty point.
- Fan selections allow variety of fan types, motors, and drives to meeting efficiency requirement, budget, acoustics, and form factor.
- No “sizing/selection window” as needed for FEG – the FEI rating includes duty-point considerations.
Greater energy savings
- All the benefits above mean greater energy savings and lower lifecycle cost.
FEI has replaced FEG (Fan Efficiency grade) due to following reasons:
- Fan only; does not consider motors and drives.
- Cannot be used for low-power fans in energy codes and standards.
- Miscommunicates efficiency of small fans, which can have efficiencies almost 50% less than the FEG rating.